Where are you placing videos on your website?
Videos are perfect for developing engagement, improving rankings, gaining leads, and enhancing websites. With that said, it’s important to identify the right place to add your marketing videos on your website, as it also represents the business’ brand.
However, businesses that understand how to educate and better inform customers, also know where to place marketing videos appropriately. This entails the business knowing what they want to achieve using these videos.
To help you increase customer engagement, brand awareness, and maximize business, this post covers where to place videos on a website strategically and how you could use them.
How To Add Videos On Website
The process of embedding self-hosted videos may differ depending on your website’s design and hosting service. You can upload a self-hosted video to your website by adding it to your website server. It is almost the same thing you would do to an image file.
Embedding your self-hosted video gives you total control over your website content. This way, you don’t have to worry about the terms of services of third-party organizations, thus ensuring you have ad-free video content on your website.
The third-party service or content delivery network (CDN) is another way to embed videos on your website. Some video hosting platforms offer free to monthly-paid enterprise subscription solutions. YouTube and Vimeo are popular third-party video hosting service providers. However, because these providers are free to use, they also have a catch. One catch is the ads that may appear in your videos. It may have different content from your products or services. This means you don’t have full control over your website’s embedded video and viewer’s experience.
Where to Place Marketing Videos On A Website
Let’s say you have the right video content. Now, where do you put marketing videos on your website? Here are a few popular pages you can add to your business’s marketing videos.
Your website’s homepage is the best place for your video content. The homepage serves as the front door to your website and also sets the tone for your content. Videos on your homepage should keep the visitors engaged and informed of your brand and company. Some companies invest in creating well-written, high-quality video scripts. It provides essential business information and engages and entertains the viewers of what they see and hear. This video should be short and sweet, and concise to avoid visitors losing interest in the content.
2. Products/Services Video Page
Product and service pages narrate to visitors more about your brand offers. This may include features, benefits, how to use it, and pricing. Video is also a great way to provide more information to prevent overwhelming texts and images. Some businesses add demo videos and how-to videos that show how the product works and answers some specific questions.
3. About Page
Your company’s about page allows the visitors to know more about the company, who the executives are, and what your mission and values are. This page allows the business to share the company’s adherence to beliefs, products, and goals. Culture videos are usually embedded in this webpage to highlight the leadership team and show the people what’s happening behind the scenes. Personalized videos capture the company’s face and voice and engage the people about your standpoint.
4. Landing Page
Landing pages serve as the business’s conversion leads. This is where you usually see the call to action and driving factor. It also allows potential customers to get firsthand what product or service they can expect from the business. Study shows that 86% increase in conversion happens by adding video to your landing pages. Promo videos, as well as personalized videos, features key information for whatever the businesses are sharing. It is also a great way to grab attention and get people to take the next step.
5. Testimonials and Customers Story Page
Customers’ stories and testimonials are the main sources of content in the middle-funnel. Videos embedded here are an excellent way to highlight how the product or services have helped or improve people’s lives and achieve results. It also shows positive customer feedback and reviews to boost your business.
You can add testimonial videos by requesting customers film and recording their positive experiences with the product or service. Customers’ testimonial videos impact potential leads as they cover different positive aspects or features of the brand or services.
Why You Should Have Marketing Videos On A Website
There are different reasons why you should place marketing videos on a website. They are as follows:
- Videos are an excellent way to story-tell your brand and sell that.
- Videos help visitors to stay on your website longer and engage with your content.
- Streaming high-quality videos help prospects to know you more, like and trust you.
- It allows the audience interested in the product or service without reading colorful texts.
- They are fast, accessible, and convenient to use.
Design-related videos often help the company to leave the first impression on the website visitors. Eye-catching and attractive videos entice your visitors to stay on your website. It also allows the video to serve its purpose as:
- increase website traffic
- allows the visitors to engage with your products and services
- internet users stay on your website
- effective use of video improves search rankings
- increase conversion rates
So, what are you waiting for? Schedule a complimentary video service consultation call with HoopJumper to help you with video placement on your website.
What Are The Best Features a Marketing Video Should Have
Now that you know the benefits of having videos on your website, let’s take a look at what features your marketing videos should have.
- Focus on the quality of the video because poorly made video only creates website poor content. You should avoid background noises and unwanted hisses when recording marketing videos. Make sure that your video content has the right lighting and sound, so you can deliver the right information to the viewers.
- Deciding where your video will be placed on your website plays an important factor in your brand and products. Understanding the content and its relationship to the rest of your page makes it easier for the visitors to know what they need to know. Feature videos should be properly placed, attention-grabbing, and speak the overall message you want to send to the users.
- Ensuring that your videos are accessible allows the viewer to understand the product or services while enjoying your content. It also streamlines higher ranking search results and better public engagement. Make sure that your marketing videos have captions, transcripts, and audio descriptions. It is also important to have an accessible video player on your website.
- Did you know that there are only 45% of people who finish watching a video? So, it would be best to go for a shorter and concise message when delivering your marketing video. It also allows website visitors to watch the entire video. Video best practices should have around 60-90 seconds, depending on what page the video will be placed on and its purpose.
- Place a well-thought thumbnail of your marketing video. Make sure they are clear and have high resolution so that you can avoid cluttered videos. This way, it attracts the viewer’s attention and gets them to watch the video. Consider focusing on the faces and the product to give the visitors a sneak of what the video is all about.
- Optimize your videos to load and stream fast. Page loading speed is one of the most important factors of video marketing. It lets the viewers catch up on the video quickly rather than slow loading time that wastes visitors’ time waiting for the video to play.
HoopJumper’s Video Placement Services On Your Website
Because videos allow the customer to get the hang of the business’s brand or services, it helps increase engagement, improve rankings, and boost conversions. This also adds dynamics to your website as it helps step up brand awareness and website online visibility. Using a video related to your business and website content to ensure a coherent website and business.
At HoopJumper, we are going to take care of your video blogging, podcasting, YouTube, and social videos. Our video service only has three simple steps which manage your time to send a video file and HoopJumper will edit your media file. All you have to do is record a short video, and we’ll take care of the rest. Guaranteed!
It’s time you make a schedule a video service consultation call with HoopJumper to help with video placement on your website and experience the improvement of your customer engagement, and increase business!